The sector has faced many challenges over the last few years, not least IR35 which was specifically targeted at IT contractors. We act for both contractors and software developers and fully understand the tax issues and potential savings available where things are done right from the start. We have experience of:
- Writing and reviewing contracts
- recognition of income for software developers;
- VAT advice on software sales;
- the challenges of hardware manufacture and sale;
- defence against HMRC attacks under settlement legislation (e.g. Jones v Garnett - Arctic Systems case);
- issues such as rewarding employees and planning for a sale of the business
We are therefore well placed to give clients the best possible service in this sector.