The construction industry is one of the most volatile sectors in the UK economy, and careful planning and advice are needed to maintain efficiency and competitiveness. As a leading firm of Chartered Accountants in Buckinghamshire and with years of experience in this sector, we pride ourselves on having an understanding of the specific problems faced and in being able to recommend effective solutions.
We can work with you to help you optimise your performance through advice on appropriate funding, project planning, cashflow planning, payroll services, etc.
Clients we act for in the construction industry include:
- Main contractors
- Sub-contractors and tradesmen
- One-off speculative developers
Those in this sector tend to be interested in our services relating to:
- Setting up a new businesses,
- CIS registration and administration,
- Computerising the book-keeping system,
- Tax planning and other business and finance advice,
- VAT and property transactions,
- Minimising the tax on company vehicles
- Inland Revenue enquiries, particularly relating to worker tax status.
Construction is a sector with unique accountancy requirements. Instruct us to act for you, and rest assured that we will understand your business and look after your best interests.
Practical Examples of our Construction Expertise
- Structuring speculative build projects through a single purpose limited company, to minimise tax leakage.
- Operating a payroll bureau, which includes administration of all CIS transactions on the supplier side.
- Advising those who are self employed on their exposure to possible Inland Revenue challenges over 'status'
- Acting on clients behalf who are subject to a tax investigation into possibly under-declared sales.